gt sportsSTRAIN GAUGING
- Accurate and precise - with Patented Thermalock (TM) technology to ensure reliable data regardless of temperature change. This unique technology is already used by F1 customers and has been designed to deal with the changes of temperature experience on race vehicles
- Calibration Free - all amplified gauges can provide identical outputs making it easy to swap gauged components with no calibration changes required
- Fast - 3 day turnaround on urgent and pre-scheduled jobs
- Reduced Cost and Fixed Pricing - our technical partnership enables Cosworth to reduce costs and pass the savings onto our customers with no additional charges for calibration fixings or fast turnaround
Cosworth understands the importance of accurate, reliable strain gauging and offers competitive pricing and fast turnaround in partnership with our technical partner, First Sensors.
Quality is of paramount importance and we know how costly and time consuming mistakes can be. All gauging staff are trained to aerospace standards with a thorough understanding or surface preparation techniques and correct handling procedures for bonding materials and glues.
Strain gauging services offered are:
SG01 – Non Amplified Gauge Installation: A simple strain gauge with no amplifier
SG04 – Amplified Gauge Installation: A strain gauge with integrated amplifier
SG05 – Amplified 8 Bridge Gauge Installation: Amplified 8 gauge installation (instead of 4); accounts for bending loads
SG06 – Patented Thermalock (TM) Gauge Installation: Thermalock (TM) temperature sensing on the gauge foil itself, automatically adjusting to temperature and loading; High accuracy temperature compensation.
SG07 – Patented Thermalock 8 Bridge Gauge Installation: Amplified 8 gauge installation (instead of 4); accounts for bending loads in the parts incorporating Thermalock (TM) temperature sensing on the gauge foil itself, automatically adjusting to temperature and loading. High accuracy temperature compensation.
SG08 – Patented Thermalock Gauge Installation Full Calibration: Thermalock (TM) temperature sensing on the gauge foil itself, automatically adjusting to temperature and loading, with additional points during calibration for F1 spec accuracy.
SG10 – Torque sensing gauges – specific to steering columns and driveshafts. Applies also to all customers with a Cosworth Torque Sensor Kit (30B-050331)
Applications include, but are not limited to;
- Pushrod or Pullrod
- Pushrod / Pullrod Adjuster
- Rod End
- Damper Eyelet
- Steering Column
*Please check the link below for any current product advisory notices.