WHO WE ARE
This website is operated on behalf of Cosworth Group Holdings Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06442393 whose registered office is at The Octagon, St. James Mill Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN5 5RA. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions about these terms or the products and service that we provide. All references to “us” or “we” throughout this policy is to Cosworth Group Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and group companies.
Please note that certain features available through the Sites, including but not limited to software downloads, may require your acceptance to additional terms.
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply.
WE ARE ALWAYS READY TO EXPLAIN:
- What personal information is collected, stored, tracked or used
- With whom the information may be shared
- How you can correct inaccuracies in information
You can contact us using the details below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
We collect the information that you provide to us whether through our websites, by email, telephone or otherwise. The information we collect includes:
- your name
- your name
- your contact details,
- where applicable, your order history, and
- any other information that you provide to us through the Sites.
Personal information may be collected when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our Sites, register a product, request a service, download software, complete a survey, participate in competitions or engage in certain other activities on our Sites.
- If you request support by email or telephone, we will ask you for information such as your product registration details and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
- If you download software through the Sites, such as the “Cosworth Toolbox”, we will ask for your name and e-mail address.
It is necessary for us to process certain information about you so that we can provide you with the services, interactions or other activities that you have requested through the Sites, such as your name, email address, telephone number and physical address.
We may also ask you for additional information about you from time to time. We will ask for your consent to process this information in accordance with this Policy and any other information we may provide you at the time that the data is collected.
You may withdraw your consent to us processing any personal data that we are processing based on your consent at any time by notice in writing to us. Following withdrawal of your consent we will cease further processing of your personal data other than in respect of information that we are required to retain including, but not limited to information relating to any contracts with us which will be retained for the periods legally required.
We may record your phone calls with us, or our agents, for our legitimate business purposes for training and to maintain and improve our quality and service standards.
You make all decisions regarding whether or not to proceed with any activity or transaction that requests your personal information. However, please note that if you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the transaction or carry on with the activity on our Sites
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to process an order made by you;
- to provide you with information about new products and services;
- to notify you of updates to software you have downloaded through the Sites;
- to provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs;
- to help you quickly find information relevant to you on our websites;
- to meet our contractual obligations to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to help us improve our services; and
- for research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis purposes.
Where you have agreed, we may contact you for marketing purposes concerning our goods or services and/or sending you our newsletter. This may include information concerning promotions or offers which could benefit you. We will only contact you using the methods that you agree when you provide your information to us.
We will not provide your information to third parties other than as set out below.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may use and share aggregated statistical data regarding usage of our service with third parties but will not provide such third parties with any personally identifiable information about you.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- outside contractors retained by Cosworth (who may be used to distribute products, provide support, or handle order processing);
- our agents and service providers;
- our business partners and other organizations whose products incorporate Cosworth products and features (in some cases, you may be presented with an option to have your personal information shared with these organizations to receive additional information about certain products and services);
- a third party who acquires our business ;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law; and
- others, where you have specifically agreed when we collected your information
MARKETING & OPTING-OUT
We will only contact you by post, email, phone, or SMS about our products, services or promotions if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- Our servers are held behind a software firewall;
- We use an SSL certificate on our site to make it secure;
- Date entered is encrypted when being sent to our database;
- We use a Intrusion detection system to detect any malicious activity; and
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name unique to you.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUT OF THE EEA
Cosworth is an international company, and we may need to provide your personal information to other companies within our group or contractors located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for the purposes of collection, transferring, storing and processing of your information. In the circumstance where your data is being transferred outside of the EEA, this shall be done in accordance with the European Union approved model contract clauses or otherwise in accordance with the provisions of data protection law. We will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is to be erased and what it should be replaced with.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
RETENTION OF DATA
Your data will be retained for a period of up to 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us other than any data that you may have requested us to erase in accordance with your rights as described above which will be deleted to the extent required.
- remember you when you register for products or services;
- track domain names, IP addresses, and browser types from people who visit our Sites.
- to obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve content, products and services and to help us better understand your requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest based advertised that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Cosworth work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on the Sites. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Sites. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
DESCRIPTION OF COOKIES
The below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of cookie: Google Analytics
Owner: Google Inc.
Purpose for the cookie:
HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES
If you do not want Cosworth to deploy cookies in your browser, you can change your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a website attempts to put a cookie in your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use of some of the features on the Sites. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Cosworth’s Sites may contain links to websites of companies with whom we have a relationship. Cosworth is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies, as they may differ from ours.
Please remember that information you submit in a news discussion or forum is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
For questions about this Policy or the information we hold about you, please contact using the following methods:
The Marketing Manager, Marketing Department
St. James Mill Rd