May 29, 2020
T.50 From Gordon Murray Automotive – 28.05.2020
Throughout the ongoing Covid-19 situation, the GMA team has worked to maintain the T.50 development timeline while protecting its staff and respecting government and health authority guidance.
GMA teams shifted to work remotely and the majority of its production partners (inc. Cosworth, Formaplex, and Xtrac) remained able to deliver component parts on time, while providing specialist expertise to continue development without disruption.
Remarkably, these efforts enabled the T.50 timeline to remain on track. Build of the first T.50 prototype will be in September this year, with the first T.50 deliveries made to customers, on time, in January 2022. Throughout 2020, and despite Covid-19 challenges, interest in T.50 has maintained its strength with owners invited to ‘virtual viewings’ of the supercar by Murray and his team.
Professor Murray said: “The health and wellbeing of our teams, and partners remains of utmost importance at this challenging time. While monitoring expert advice and the status of our suppliers closely, we are pleased to have minimised disruption to our development, testing and production timeline for T.50.
“As all major components are bespoke, low volume and UK-sourced, we have avoided shipping and manufacturing disruption. I am proud of our team for rising to the challenge and I’m extremely grateful to our partners for continuing to deliver while under lockdown conditions.”
T.50 milestones – latest news:
- Cosworth has completed the 3-cylinder engine development programmes
- Our power, torque, and emissions targets have already been surpassed
- Machining is underway of V12 cylinder heads, crankshafts, and blocks
- Our first Cosworth GMA V12 engine is on track to run at the end of June
- Xtrac has delivered the first transmissions; now in test
- The car’s carbon fibre monocoque tooling is underway with our partner Formaplex
- The rear fan has been assembled and is now being tested
- Aerodynamic testing using computational fluid dynamics is complete. Fan-assisted aerodynamic performance better than targeted
- Drivable T.50 development prototype set for completion in September 2020
For more information, please visit Gordon Murray Automotive
DIABLO GUEST DAQ SYSTEM
THE OVERVIEW In the majority of wind tunnel test facilities, you will find our Diablo software as the main SCADA... MORE >
MATERION MMC PISTIONS
OVERVIEW The never-ending pursuit for performance and efficiency within the automotive industry necessitates the need for increasingly advanced pistons that... MORE >
ME ENGINE – MAXIMISING EFFICIENCY
OVERVIEW With current demands on the automotive industry including climate change and changing consumer trends, manufacturers are always seeking new... MORE >