- Work with key Cosworth stakeholders, including Purchasing, Engineering and Project teams, to determine the effects of strategic partners’ current performance on Cosworth’s ability to fulfil customer requirements and meet internal targets for quality, operational efficiency, technical capability, delivery and cost.
- Identify strategic partners whose performance shows a clear requirement for the focus of a dedicated supplier development plan.
- Work with the management teams of these selected strategic partners to identify business risks and areas for improvement, then use these to create a bespoke supplier improvement plan.
- Coach suppliers’ management teams through the supplier improvement plan, ensuring adherence to agreed actions, monitoring their effectiveness and further develop the plan as required.
- Provide regular feedback to Cosworth stakeholders on the progress of these plans and engage them in the improvement activities as required.
- When required, develop and implement an immediate crisis reaction plan where a specific supplier’s performance is having a tangible and unacceptable impact on Cosworth and /or end customers.
- When required, work with stakeholders to identify areas or commodities where new or alternative strategic partners are required and work with the Purchasing teams to identify possible candidates for these gaps
- In the case that strategic partners are selected to work with Cosworth on projects outside of their normal scope of business, the Supplier Development Manager will work with those partners to understand the specific customer requirements of the new market and develop a plan to ensure these are met.