: Shelby Township, Michigan
Cosworth is a global technology business that delivers high performance engines and electronic solutions for customers in the automotive and motorsport sectors.
Our motorsport heritage gives us the knowledge and passion for innovation, performance, and reliability. We are constantly seeking innovative ways to redefine the boundaries, while striving to deliver the reliability that customers expect.
We now require a Skilled manufacturing technician who has the experience and capability to work unsupervised in their area, both in CNC and Assembly applications. The role requires strong attention to detail, with an understanding of quality inspections, and drive for continuous improvement.
• To set and operate machines in a safe manner with regard to themselves and others, complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• To produce components to the company standard and customer specifications in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
• To be willing to learn and become proficient with all systems and procedures of their job.
• Ensure that information is transferred between shifts and team members as required and in a timely manner.
• If problems occur, ensure the relevant people are kept informed e.g. Team Leader, Shift Leader, Production Engineer, Scheduler & Maintenance.
• Help train other team members to carry out tasks to the documented work instructions and processes.
• Be committed to continuous improvement and suggest improvements regarding methods, processes and tooling.
• To highlight problems as soon as they occur to the appropriate party e.g. Team Leader, Quality Staff, Engineering Staff, and/or Maintenance.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment throughout the entire facility.
• Work within departmental / company procedures.
• In addition to the above, fulfil any other reasonable requirement consistent with departmental objectives.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Attributes:
Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information.
Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of:
- Work-holding methods
- Tool selection criteria
- Cutting tool parameters
- Manual machining techniques
- Setting and operating a range of CNC machine tools
- 5-Axis CNC machining
- Assembly Processes Including use of items such as Torque Tools, and lift assists
- Shop floor computer systems
- Basic Quality Principles.
- Inspection techniques including interpretation of CMM reports and use of various hand gages.