- Support the completion of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts within the set deadlines.
- Complete month end close within 5 workings days with an accurate flash result available on WD3. Ensure accounting standards are applied to transactions. Manage accruals & prepayments, that postings are accurate, complete balance sheet reconciliations and that clearing accounts have been posted. Complete the month end close on SAP.
- Prepare month end reporting to cover all financial statements.
- Produce and report weekly forecasts and KPI’s to provide up to date information to the senior team on divisional performance, highlighting issues as early as possible and supporting corrective measures where appropriate.
- Support the product costing process, complete SAP transactions and resolve any issues on BOM’s, routings and standard costings.
- Support the Finance team and other departments in adhoc tasks and projects.
- Support the commercial team on managing existing contracts and quoting for new contracts.
Financial accounting / Statutory reporting
- Support financial controller on both annual and interim external audits, producing audit schedules and completing audit samples as required.
- Balance sheet and cashflow forecasting.
- Prepare and issue weekly / monthly stock reports. Co-ordinate and support PI counts and work with the supply chain team on accuracy, timing and reporting of stock.
- Maintain the fixed asset register, complete audits of existing assets and capitalise new acquisitions in a timely manner.
- Assist Purchase & Sales ledger with adhoc queries, reviewing both ledgers to ensure the Management Accounts are accurate (specifically regarding aged debtors and GRNI).
- Calculate VAT returns, Intrastat and Office for National Statistics submissions.
- Administer Government and other grants (prepare claims, forecast remaining project).