- Carry out Risk, COSHH and Fire risk Assessments within the facility and consider and implement appropriate risk reduction measures.
- Develop and implement safe operational procedures.
- Conduct site safety inspections.
- Participate in internal HSE audits.
- Maintain HSE records and databases.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce HSE statistics.
- Investigate accidents and near misses, taking the necessary steps to recommend steps to prevent recurrence.
- Keep up to date with new HSE legislation and industry best practice.
- Advise department managers on specialist HSE areas i.e. fire regulations, hazardous substances, machinery guarding, occupational health issues.