The successful person will develop, lead, and manage designated customers to meet agreed targets and profitability, achieve customer retention objectives for business development, and provide suggestions for product development and product evolution.
This will include:
- Creation of strategic objectives and tactical goals for growth of all Cosworth’s products and services.
- Working with Heads of Department (Support, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Finance) to interpret market trends and develop a product roadmap, including input to the costing process with a focus on optimizing margin potential.
- To establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with new and existing customers, at all levels.
- Prepare strategic account plans for key customers and sectors including market research, on an ongoing basis with a formal periodic review, to grow long term growth and profitability.
- Manage customer requirements (projects) throughout the business by working with specific functional areas to deliver in a coordinated, focused, structured and targeted manner.
- Provide quotations and proposals in accordance with the internal procedures, in a structured and timely manner, establishing long term or multi-year deals where the opportunity arises.
- Ensure a formal contractual relationship is established from the outset of any programme.
- Liaise with the Finance department to ensure that each account is kept up to date, operating to agreed credit limits, in-line with established Terms and Conditions.
- Monitor the gross margin of each account to ensure targets are achieved.
- Establish deviations and feedback into the quotation process.
- Ensure orders are raised for all completed work, and that any additional activity undertaken outside the scope of supply, is charged for.
- Attend tradeshows to provide sales support, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of the competition, identifying new markets and customer opportunities.
- Attend other events (such as races) when the sector or opportunity requires it.
- Use and develop the CRM system to identify and manage a pipeline of new business.
- Engage all business functions to ensure comprehensive customer relationship management.
- Liaise with the Marketing department to ensure that the message to the industry and customers from yourself, and all of the Sales team, is consistent and professional.
- Collaborate with the Finance department to develop an annual budget.
- Undertake national and international travel.
- Undertake an annual PDR to ascertain clear objectives for revenue, margin, overall performance and training.
- Assist in development of Products and Stock Level planning (where relevant) with the Sales Team, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Finance.
- Drive strategic sourcing decisions with key suppliers.
- Guide and mentor other team members and new starters as appropriate.
- Hold regular account review meetings with the client.
- Focus on expanding account opportunities by promoting all Cosworth products into the account.
- Collaborate with Global Support team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes to the Managing Director and Senior Management Team.