- Deliver monthly financial reporting (flash result due on working day three) ensuring accounting standards are applied to relevant transactions.
- Manage accruals & prepayments, checking that postings are accurate.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations and ensure that clearing accounts have been reconciled.
- Process intercompany transactions and complete reconciliations.
- Support the FC and PE finance team with completion of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts within the set deadlines.
- Prepare stock reports and co-ordinate with the supply chain team on accuracy, timing and reporting of stock including periodic stock provisioning.
- Maintain an up to date fixed assets register and process capital acquisitions.
- Support the product costing process, resolving any issues on BOM’s, routings and valuations.
- Cover for the Purchase / Sales ledger function, and assist with adhoc queries where required.
- Maintain internal policies and controls and contribute towards the revision and/or development of internal controls.
- Lead the external audit activities and deliverables process for the Division, including preparation of statutory accounts and tax pack.
- Support the Electronics FC with data to produce weekly cash flow.
- Work with the Head of Tax to deliver timely and accurate R&D tax credits information as well as other information required for tax computations.
- Support the wider Finance team and other departments in adhoc tasks and projects.
- Statutory reporting (Office for National Statistics).
- Prepare project forecasts and record costs necessary for Grant claims and internal reporting, working with the Project Manager to ensure accuracy.
This job description is not exhaustive. From time to time you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description; but are within your capabilities and where necessary, training will be provided.