To support Cosworth Electronics’ senior leadership team & wider business, under the direction of the Financial Controller, to deliver professional finance and accounting advice and proactive, value add finance support across the organisation.
- Lead provision of financial advice and guidance to senior budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and variances against budgets and forecasts so they can understand their business better.
- Be pivotal in setting up appropriate finance structures which align with management structures including cost & profit centres to enable customer/product profitability management. Conduct monthly deep dives and review compliance with budgets.
- Deliver expert and accurate business review information and reporting, and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results to enable informed decision making by the business area.
- Engage and influence senior members of the team to help them understand their financial position and use professional expertise to guide in initiatives to improve business performance
- Build bottom up, detailed plans to manage and develop the production of business plans and budgets / program trackers to enable good corporate governance and value add analysis for senior leaders
- Collate, investigate and make recommendation for investment appraisals and business case analysis to aid business decisions.
- Model and analyse cost base and identify and drive opportunities for additional efficiencies to achieve area targets.
This job description is not exhaustive. From time to time you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description; but are within your capabilities and where necessary, training will be provided.