- Ensure the correct processes are followed in the following areas;
- Engine build and test.- Goods inward inspection.
- Supplier selection and new vendor approval.
- APQP and PPAP within the supply base.
- Management of supplier concessions.
- Response to supplier-caused non-conformances raised by Cosworth manufacturing, engine assembly, test and also those raised by external customers.
- Supplier auditing.
- Develop additional quality processes to support business strategy as required.
- Create and monitor key performance indicators for the SQA team performance, the supply chain’s quality performance and engine build and test
- Ensure reaction plans are in place for poor performance.
- Act as an escalation point for customer quality issues and supplier issues that cannot be resolved effectively within the team.
- Manage strategic relationships with key suppliers and any associated supplier development activities undertaken by the SQA team.
- Support all Cosworth projects by assisting project teams in defining their customer and supply chain requirements and then ensure the correct resource is available to meet those requirements throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Support engine development programmes in the monitoring of priority supplier readiness to meet key project milestones up to and including PPAP.
- Support the priority supplier’s APQP process for new components.
Work with engineering design to assist with meeting quality requirements and improving processes.
- Continuous Improvement activity – based on outputs from KPI data.
Build and maintain effective working relationships between yourself and others both internally and externally, wherever appropriate.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager.